To the electronic experts on this board:

I am getting set to wire my 11' x 13' layout. I have five main lines, 
each hooked to a different transformer. I know I have to run a 
separate "positive" lead from each transformer's variable post (0-15 
volts) and connect it to each main line (I will do this every 10 feet 
or so to avoid a current drop).

THE QUESTION: Do I have to run a separate wire back from each main 
line to each individual transformer's base post (neutral) or can I 
use just one "neutral return" hooked to a single transformer for all 
five? It would save on time and wire. I think house wiring all uses 
the same "neutral" even though there are separate circuits. Can I do 
this or will it damage something? I have a 30B and an MRC Dual 270 
and another Gilbert 100 watt transformer.

Thanks in advance,

Phil K

  


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to