On 05/18/2014 06:41 PM, Serge Victor wrote:
> I wonder if you see any way to make available on Nikolaus PPA s3ql 2.8x
> packages for Precise using this PPA providing newer python versions :
>
> https://launchpad.net/~fkrull/+archive/deadsnakes
> <https://launchpad.net/%7Efkrull/+archive/deadsnakes>

That is technically possible. However, it would require everyone using
the S3QL PPA to also use the deadsnakes PPA, and it would pull in a
(potentially undesired) Python version. Therefore, I don't think this is
a good idea.

Could you use Python 3.3 from deadsnakes, and install S3QL from source?

> I was testing 1.18 and unfortunately it is not stable enough for
> production use, after few hours is simply gets stuck and requires kill
> -9 :-( I am storing a few hundred gig of data for backup purposes and
> s3ql would be really ideal, but unfortunately version 1.18 is not
> stable. Making an investigation does not have sense, as it is an old line.

Well, S3QL 1.x doesn't receive new features, but that is because it *is*
considered stable. Requiring kill -9 sounds like a serious bug, so it
would be nice if you could report it on
https://bitbucket.org/nikratio/s3ql/issues. Please include the
information from
https://bitbucket.org/nikratio/s3ql/wiki/Providing%20Debugging%20Info.