Hi all,

... A continuation of the [misplaced] issue;
https://bitbucket.org/nikratio/s3ql/issue/61/10-maint-s3ql-crashes-when-backing-up

In sum; S3QL would crash and the FUSE filesystem disappear [ Transport
endpoint is not connected ] when writing a large file to google storage.
The mount.log indicated an out-of-memory issue with LZMA compression as the
root; as only @ 200MB of RAM was free before mounting the filesystem on
this limited memory VM.

I went ahead and used the --compress none flag to disable compression. I
had to re-create the fileksystem to get it working (as it was previously
mounted with LZMA compression, and thus rightly retains this setting upon
remounting it).
Can anyone forsee issues running with --compress none? Obviously traffic is
increased; but memory (and CPU) is tight on these small VMs. Would
bzip/zlib be a better option?

Thanks!

~ Brice