On 08/07/2020 12:47, Ivan Shapovalov wrote:

That's clear enough. What I'm asking is that, for example, if I have
100MiB block size set at mkfs time and 1GiB file on the filesystem
(which is thus broken into 10 blocks, let's ignore dedup) and I'm
read()ing 10 MiB from the middle of the file, how much data will s3ql
download?
10 MiB or 100-200 MiB?

Now you're beyond my knowledge. I had misunderstood your question. Hopefully someone who knows better than I do will be able to answer.

Regards
Cliff.

--
Cliff Stanford
London:    +44 20 0222 1666               Swansea: +44 1792 469666