Hi Ivan,

Please do not Cc me, I am reading the list.

On Dec 28 2020, Ivan Shapovalov <inte...@intelfx.name> wrote:
> Finally, exchook() from mount.py:setup_exchook() gets called and sends
> SIGTERM to the mount process (mount.py:687).
>
> Does that sound plausible?

Ah, I completely forgot about this, good find!

When S3QL was using llfuse rather than pyfuse3, sending SIGTERM to
itself was the way to signal to libfuse to exit the main event loop. The
signal handler is installed by llfuse, not S3QL, so that's not obvious
from the code.

I suspect that this part needed a change when switching from llfuse to
pyfuse3 but was forgotten. I will try to take a look at it.

Best,
-Nikolaus

--
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F