On Sep 09 2021, Amos T <amtrio...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In fact what happens if the cache got corrupted?  how does s3ql detects
> corrupted cached files? Suppose I put this on a single drive, not on raid,
> and cache gets corrupted.

S3QL does not detect corruption on the cache. It would just upload/use
the corrupted data. You're expected to put the cache on a sufficiently
reliable filesystem.

> So are inodes stable in S3QL ?

Yes. A files inode never changes, no matter if it's cached or not, or
remounted.

Best,
-Nikolaus

--
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F