Il giorno venerdì 17 marzo 2023 alle 12:05:03 UTC+1 Nikolaus Rath ha
scritto:

On Fri, 17 Mar 2023, at 09:42, Alessandro Boem wrote:

File system was created with version 3.3.2 and that's the version in use at
the time of crash.

[...]

Ok nice. I ran s3qladm download-metadata s3c://r1-it.storage.cloud.it/bdrive
--authfile=/etc/s3ql.authinfo --cachedir=/var/cache/s3ql/bdrive/
but I got the same error: ERROR: File system revision needs upgrade (or
backend data is corrupted)

If you really did not change S3QL versions, then this sounds as if the
s3ql_passphrase object in the cloud has somehow been corrupted.

I have no idea how this could possibly happen (since S3QL never writes to
it after mkfs), nor how it could be related to a local system crash.

Maybe check if there's a backup of this object somewhere? Otherwise you can
use 's3qladm recover-key' to restore this object from your offline copy of
the master key (which you hopefully created at mkfs time).

This object contains the master key, so without it you can't decrypt any of
the other objects.

When I create the filesystem I specified the --plain option. Shoud I find
an s3ql_passphrase in the backend if I used that option? I can't see any
file with that name on the backend...

Best,
-Nikolaus
--
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F