Hi Nan, In my understanding, the design of piper supports exactly the case
you're saying. You can have a producer app that produces a stream and consumer
apps subscribe to it. My point was simply that you need a third app to be the
producer of the stream. The consumers of the stream do not need to be aware of
how the stream is being produced.

-Flavio

On May 28, 2012, at 12:50 PM, Nan N. Jiang wrote:

> Hi Flavio,
>
> I think in the ideal case, S4 should act as a real cluster.
> We can deploy our APP in the S4 cluster and we don't need to think about how
> and where the app is deployed.
> The APP just need to specify which stream(event type) it's interested, then
> if there is event generated for this stream, the event will flow to this
> APP. S4 as a platform should help to handle this instead of using feeds
> copies.
>
> With this feature, APP will be free from finding the way how to get the
> incoming events and focus what kind of events it want.
>
> -Nan
>

> On 5/25/12 1:50 PM, "Flavio Junqueira" <f...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>
>> Nan, I'm not sure I understand what sharing means. Does it mean that each app
>> gets a copy of the stream or you want each app to get a fraction of the
>> stream? In any case, you seem to need a third app perhaps that feeds copies
>> of
>> the stream.
>>
>> -Flavio
>>
>> On May 11, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Nan N. Jiang wrote:
>>
>>> Yes. If there is no sharing or dependencies between apps, there is no need
>>> to share the cluster.
>>>
>>> But if there is sharing or dependencies between apps, for example: sharing
>>> event stream(thinking about more then one apps are interested in the same
>>> event stream case), how could s4 solve this issue with logical cluster?
>>>
>>> -- Nan

>> flavio
>> junqueira
>> senior research scientist
>>
>> f...@yahoo-inc.com
>> direct +34 93-183-8828
>>
>> avinguda diagonal 177, 8th floor, barcelona, 08018, es
>> phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301

flavio
junqueira
senior research scientist

f...@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301