On 6/7/12 4:11 PM, Flavio Junqueira wrote:

On Jun 7, 2012, at 3:57 PM, Matthieu Morel wrote:

On 6/5/12 10:04 PM, Flavio Junqueira wrote:
There are 7 issues marked for 0.4 and 20 marked for 20 for 0.5. None of the
issues in 0.4 is patch available. It would be good if the reporters of the
issues could go back to the corresponding issues and mark their fix version for
a later release if they don't have to be in 0.4. Otherwise, the release manager
could suggest the ones we need to resolve before having a release candidate. Do
we have a volunteer to be the release manager?

I can help prepare a release. Question is: should it be pre-piper (0.4)
or piper (0.5)?

We need a release manager. Are you volunteering to be the manager of the
upcoming release whatever it is?

Yes, that's what I was proposing.

0.4 is probably easier to release since all issues that you mention
already have a proposed solution. It is not the version we are currently
promoting (we'd rather focus efforts on piper), but we have some users
as well.

It would be good to have a release for 0.4 just to wrap up the work, and there
might be developers out there using 0.4. Is there anyone out there using the
0.4 branch?

We have users for the 0.3 branch, and 0.4 is an upgrade to 0.3. So yes it makes perfect sense to make such improvements available in a new release.

On the other hand, S4 piper may need a bit more work before an alpha
release, though most of it would consist of merging S4-22 into the main
branch, merging pending patches, and improving documentation.

There are 20 issues marked for 0.5. There are 3 blockers and not all issues are
assigned. It would be good to go over the issues and update them. I see that
S4-22 for example is assigned to Bruce, but Bruce has never commented on the
issue, so I think we should assign it to either your or Leo based on what I
could see.

Right, we'll have to handle all of these.

Note that S4-22 is a special case, because a lot of the work on that ticket could not be easily separated into smaller issues.

Matthieu