Hi,

This is an update on S4 and Helix integration happening on S4-110-new
branch. Last week Matthieu and I made good progress. We have the initial
set of changes that allow us to configure the cluster management mode (
existing zk based or helix based).  We had to do some changes to the
existing  code to facilitate this.

Significant changes was that Emitters no longer hold the mapping of
partition to node. The logic of deciding the destination for an event is
moved to Sender. This allowed us to have clear separation
of responsibility between Sender and Emitter.

In order to add new helix implementations, we also made changes in some of
the bindings like S4Bootstrap, DeploymentManager, cluster, Emittter etc.

We still have the following pending

   - Tools are broken. they currently support only Helix based mode. We
   need to support additional configuration that indicates the mode(zk or
   helix).
   - Need to add more test cases/documentation for helix related changes.
   - Fix broken test cases for s4 mode.
   - Other minor code clean up/refactoring.

Matthieu, please add items to this list( I am sure I have missed quite a
few) :-). The code is not yet ready for review, but feel free to comment on
design and code structure.

Thanks,
Kishore G