On 2016-08-21 12:11 AM, Engeue Cinraua wrote:
> Yup, I was thinking that.  Also, there are a couple of PHP and Apache
> vulnerabilities that need to be addressed (little impact on Baïkal, but
> still).  Waiting for Evert to return and we'll figure out next steps.

Sorry, my username was misconfigured. me = actually Evert ;)

> _*Some thoughts*_
>
>   * Support for a Docker data volume is one thing I want to address.
>     That has further system administration implications regarding
>     security and backups that aren't addressed in the current
>     guide/write up.
>   * The right way to implement the IMip plug-in will be to use SMTP
>     instead of the sendmail interface via the PHP mail() function.  I
>     suspect that's the reason why the current IMip plug-in is optional.
>     Based on its documentation, the right way to do this is to extend it
>     and add SMTP support.  That'd also have implications on the Baïkal
>     configuration files (server name or IP address, port, and so on).
>       o I suspect that there might be a way to configure php.ini to use
>         a real SMTP server, but I don't spend enough time coding or
>         deploying PHP land to research that.

PHP doesn't support SMTP out of the box, except on windows. One thing we
could do is provide SMTP support via SwiftMailer. I think this is a
feature that Baikal should provide though, not core sabre/dav. I think
it's good to keep sabre/dav fairly lean.

Evert