There is an enlargement of the affine Hecke algebra,
due to Iwahori and Matsumoto, which I don't know how
to implement in Sage. This is an issue for type A,
related to the difference between GL_n and SL_n.
Let us consider the case of ['A',2,1]. If p is a
prime element in a nonarchimedean local field,
consider the group generated by

s1:
[0 1 0]
[1 0 0]
[0 0 1]

s2:
[1 0 0]
[0 0 1]
[0 1 0]

s0:
[  0   0 1/p]
[  0   1   0]
[  p   0   0]

This group is isomorphic to what you get with
WeylGroup(['A',2,1]).

Now Iwahori and Matsumoto enlarge this group with
another element t:

[0 1 0]
[0 0 1]
[p 0 0]

For this they introduce a "generalized Tits system"
with a Weyl group having nonidenty elements of
length 0. For example t has length 0. Conjugating
s0, s1, s2 by this permutes them cyclically.

This is a fairly important type of Weyl group.

It is not a Coxeter group.

My question: what is the best approach to constructing
such a group using Sage?

Dan