Le 15 février 2010 23:19, Nicolas M. Thiery <nicolas.thi...@u-psud.fr> a écrit :
>        Hi Sébastien,
>
> I just went through the patch.

Great. Thanks!

> It sounds good! What about having a
> common super class for all the concrete word classes (list/tuple/str)
> which would contain all the shared logic about how finite words
> interact together?

Good idea, one could put there the function length because its code is
the exact same for all of those three classes. So, your idea is (like
you explain below) that concatenation of finite word defined by list
with another defined by str could be treated there, right?

> The two following design decisions will probably require more
> discussion:
>
>  - Using _mul_ rather than __mul__ in the Words class, so as not to
>   get in the way of coercion?

Ok, I need more explanation here. (You can wait for next week if you
don't want to write a long mail for that).

>  - Automatically concatenating concrete words, with coercion if needed
>   (say list+string -> list, ...)

Right, I understand. Some discussion are needed. Like tuple + list ->
list or tuple ?

Thanks,

Sébastien