> Ooooops, but all those comments are assuming that #7922 is applied,
> which I still haven't reviewed ... Ok, that going up my TODO pile ...

The code snippet I posted does not assume #7922.

At this moment #7922 needs work since it changes the
syntax of a few things enough to break some tests in
the tutorial #8442, which has been merged. I'm happy to
revise the tutorial if you or someone is ready to
review #7922. The changes to the tutorial will not
be very big.

Dan