Hi, everyone!

I thought it would be the right place to redirect the discussion [1]
since it involves combinatorics on words.

To summarize, I'm interested in adding a solver for equations on words
in Sage. As a first step, I would implement it in pure-Python, but one
of my future goal would be to cythonize it.

For now, I would like the solver to handle equations involving words
and some operators (morphisms and antimorphisms). For instance, it
should be able to solve the equation
u * v * u = phi(v * u)
where u, v are some words and phi is, say, the Fibonacci morphism a-
>ab,b->a. The solver should provide the solutions by mean of an
iterator:

sage: WS = WordSystem()
sage: WS.set_alphabet(['a','b'])
sage: WS.add_equation('u*v*u=phi(v*u))
sage: for sol in WS.solutions_iterator(): print sol

Now, Nicolas (Thiéry) suggested to use the interface of Sage that
deals with symbolic calculus and which would redirect the equation to
the words equations solver:

sage: symbolic_word("u,v")
sage: solve( u * v == phi(u * v) )

I'm not very familiar with symbolic calculus in Sage, so I can't say
if it's compatible with what I intend to do. Any suggestion? Nicolas:
did I understand you clearly in the other discussion?

I'm also interested in any design comments/suggestions about this
solver.

Thank you!

Alex

[1]