I have a somewhat related question about combinatorial species.  A
combinatorial species is really a functor from the category of finite
set with bijections to the same category.

Let F be such a species.

Currently (in Sage) we have that

F.structures(someListOfLabels)

gives an iterator over the resulting set of so-called structures and
there is a method

someStructure.change_labels(newListOfLabels)

that returns the structure obtained by relabeling someStructure.  More
formally, let phi be the bijection

phi: someListOfLabels -> newListOfLabels
phi(someListOfLabels[i]) = newListOfLabels[i]

then someStructure.change_labels(newListOfLabels) yields

F[phi] (someStructure).

Question: I wonder whether it would be better to go closer to the
mathematics.  For example, considering the species of cycles, shouldn't

Cycles(listOfLabels)

return the structures, and

Cycles(someBijection)

return an appropriate bijection?  How are functors viewed in Sage
currently?

Martin