I vote for this to be a standard spkg.

Anne

On 6/28/11 7:29 AM, Nicolas M. Thiery wrote:
        Dear Sage and Sage-Combinat developers,

With Mike and Anne we are about to finalize an interface with lrcalc:

#10333: An interface to Anders Buch's Littlewood-Richardson Calculator lrcalc

The "Littlewood-Richardson Calculator" is a C library for fast
computation of Littlewood-Richardson (LR) coefficients and products of
Schubert polynomials. It handles single LR coefficients, products of
and coproducts of Schur functions, skew Schur functions, and fusion
products. All of the above are achieved by counting LR (skew)-tableaux
of appropriate shape and content by iterating through
them. Additionally, lrcalc handles products of Schubert polynomials.

The web page of lrcalc is:  http://math.rutgers.edu/~asbuch/lrcalc/

lrcalc will progressively become a key low-level component for Sage's
symmetric functions library. This evolution will be simpler if lrcalc
is always available.

I therefore would like to cast a vote. Should lrcalc become:

[ ] A standard spkg
[ ] An optional spkg

lrcalc weights 500Ko (100Ko of C code + administrative files +
mercurial repo). It's GLPV2+ with no dependencies. The code is quite
clean and so far proved to be portable: we used it in MuPAD-Combinat,
under MacOS, various flavors of Linux, and CYGWIN; tests on solaris
are welcome!

Thanks for your votes!
Nicolas M. ThiƩry "Isil"<nthi...@users.sf.net>