Hello,

> I am currently participating in a sage-based project that aims to
> integrate a lot of number theory databases
> [...]

I am very interested in the project since I have the problem of
interfacing databases in Sage from various sources (in particular, one
sounds number theoretical: the database of congruence subgroups of
Cummins and Pauli).

> I expect these to be very common problems when trying to integrate
> mathematical data from various sources into sage, regardless of the
> area of mathematics.
>
> Some participants of the sage-combinat project are pushing for the
> concept of "Categories" [...]
>
> I think that similarly the problems I have described in the first
> paragraph could be partly solved from a new concept of
> "MathematicalDatabases"
> [...]

I am not one of the master of the categorical stuff in Sage, but as
far as I know there are yet some Python library that intends to
interact with databases in an object oriented manner. They are
designed in such way that (after the configuration step) you can
manipulate the data regardless of the implementation of the database.
It separates three concepts "communication with database" (and you
never take care of this), "representation in database" and "the Python
object that you manipulate" (and which is built from an entry in the
database).

I know sqlalchemy, but after few research I found the Zope Object Database.

I do not know if this of any help.

Is there a page to see yhe advancement/questions/problems of your project ?

Best,
Vincent