On 1/12/12 1:14 AM, Nicolas M. Thiery wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 03:44:53PM -0800, Anne Schilling wrote:
>>>  - The change: since #11498, strings are now rendered using \verb|...|
>>>    instead of \texttt.
>>>  - The issue: is that dot2tex
>>
>> Is there something missing in this sentence?
>
> Oh, yes: The issue is that dot2tex does not handle \verb|...|
>
>> Would the best option be to implement a latex method for partitions?
>> Travis volunteered to do so.
>
> Thanks Travis for volunteering. That would solve the issue for
> partition. But not for all the other Sage objects that do not have a
> latex method, and not for plain strings either.
>
> So, unless there is a compelling reason to implement latex for
> partitions (anything better than \verb|[4,3,1]|?), that would be just
> a workaround: i.e. something useful in the short term, and worth
> putting in the queue, but probably not something we would want to get
> in Sage.

I agree the problem should be fixed in general!

But for partitions, I think a latex method is very desirable anyway.
We need it for rigged configurations (which contain partitions) and for drawing
nice posets containing partitions (like weak and strong order that Florent
recently deleted from his patch). So I hope this method could go into sage
anyway.

Best,

Anne