Hi Nicolas,

On 2012-04-21, Nicolas M. Thiery <nicolas.thi...@u-psud.fr> wrote:
> At the same time, it's getting far enough from the KISS principle to
> get me uncomfortable. Isn't the use of meta-meta classes overkill (and
> thus potentially fragile, if we are not sure of a Python/Cython rock
> solid support) for the problem at hand?

That's a reasonable question.

One could argue that all what my proof-of-concept does is to do
automatically/implicitly what is currently done explicitly anyway:
Currently, we have to mix NestedClassMetaclass and ClasscallMetaclass
(by deriving the latter from the former) and to mix
DynamicClassMetaclass and ClasscallMetaclass by creating
DynamicClasscallMetaclass (which is derived from both). My framework
does the same.

>From that perspective, dynamic metaclasses make programming easier
(it is not needed to make definitions explicitly), in the same
sense as dynamic classes (Rings().parent_class) make programming
easier.

But one could argue that "explicit is better than implicit". If we just
see a finite number of applications, then explicitly programming these
finitely many instances may be easier to understand than a general
framework for an infinity of applications.

Best regards,
Simon