> I agree in this case it would be much preferable to have the same output
> for
> Tableaux and StandardTableaux. I do not (yet) know how to fix this though.
>
>  Hi Anne,

I think that the problem is that when sage creates a class then it creates
copies in memory of all of the (inherited) methods of the class. My options
method is trying to treat the optionable methods as pointers to real real
methods, but this has no effect on the corresponding pointers in the
classes above and below the current one in the inheritance tree.

I think that the only elegant way of solving this would be to incorporate
it into Florent's(?) code which puts related classes under the same
umbrella. Some one made a reference to this a while back but just looked
and couldn't find it, so apologies if this is too obscure.

Andrew