I haven't tried QPA but it seems to be a pure GAP script, so I would expect
that performance will be comparable to a pure Python implementation. But it
looks like a very nice project and its likely that it would be of some use
even if the core computations of a Sage quiver module were implemented
differently.

A C++/Cython implementation of the basic path algebra arithmetic with
bit-packed exponents and arbitrary coefficient rings would be a nice thing
to have though ;-)