Hey Andrew,

> The easy one first: should the reverse ordering also exist? That is,
> "reverse lex", "reverse dominance", "reverse containment"? If people agree
> that it is worth including these explicitly it would be good if there was a
> systematic way to organise all of the orderings...will let you know if I
> come up with something.

I will do "reverse lex" (lex order read from right to left) and "reverse
dominance" (which I presume is partial sums from right to left). However
what is reverse containment?

> The second question is harder: is it intended that, ultimately, the order
> in which the partitions are generated by the iterator will be compatible
> with the order on the parent? If the ordering is part of the parent then I
> think that this is a reasonable expectation but, of course, it would be
> painful implement.

For lex and dominance, I believe this shouldn't be a problem. Containment
is slightly tricky, but I doubt its too horrible. The true problems might
be with the reverse orderings, and that we might have to do something more
complex.

Best,
Travis