On 14 December 2012 00:33, Anne Schilling <a...@math.ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> On 12/13/12 8:17 AM, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
>> Hi Anne,

>>> This happens for me for all documentation (whereever there is a formula
>>> like `f(x)=y`). I am using Firefox, MacOS 10.6.8.
>>
>> Could you please give one concrete URL, relative to SAGE_ROOT?
>> I just opened Firefox, start browsing documentation, cannot see any
>> problems...
>
> When I review a patch and want to check its documentation I do
>
> sage -b
> sage -docbuild reference html
> Build finished.  The built documents can be found in
> /Applications/sage-5.5.rc0/devel/sage/doc/output/html/en/reference
>
> Then if I check on my local computer in Firefox under for example
>
> file:///Applications/sage-5.5.rc0/devel/sage/doc/output/html/en/reference/sage/combinat/posets/posets.html
>
> the fourth line is
>
> Constructs a (finite) [Math Processing Error]-element poset from a set of
> elements and a directed acyclic graph or poset.

OK,  I can confirm this. It is Firefox-specific, as on OSX 10.6.8 I
only see this on Firefox (5.0.1), but not on Safari and Chrome.

Here are errors (from Firefox error console):

Error: no element found
Source File: chrome://web2pdfextension/content/feat_support_new.xul
Line: 1, Column: 20
Source Code:
<!-- Dummy File -->

Error: c.FONTDATA.FONTS.MathJax_Main[8212][5] is undefined
Source File:
file:///usr/local/src/sage/sage-5.5.rc0/devel/sage/doc/output/html/en/reference/_static/jax/output/HTML-CSS/imageFonts.js
Line: 15

no idea why this fails on Firefox, but works on the remaining
browsers. Perhaps mathjax  (or/and Sage?) treats Firefox in a special
way.