Hi Tom,

Dan Bump, Dan Orr, Mark Shimozono and I will work on this patch during the
Sage Days at ICERM. It is not yet close to its final form, so just disregard
it for the moment. Everything is likely to change soon!

Best,

Anne

On 1/19/13 4:28 AM, tom d wrote:
> There's been a change to the init function for the Iwahori Hecke Algebra that
> causes the NilCoxeterAlgebra to fail.  I _think_ this is happening in the
> affine_iwahori_hecke_algebras.patch; the
> nilcoxeter algebra is still working fine with combinat unapplied.
>
> There's an extra parameter (omega) in the IwahoriHecke Algebra now, and since
> the NilCoxeter is calling the __init__ function directly, it's apparently
> expected to provide a value for this new
> parameter.  I'm not terribly sure if it's better to change the IHA
> constructor to not expect the omega, or to change the Nilcoxeter to provide a
> value.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> sage: W=WeylGroup(['A',5,1])
> sage: NilCoxeterAlgebra(W)
> TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
>
> /home/kaibutsu/<ipython console> in <module>()
>
> /home/kaibutsu/sage-5.5/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/misc/classcall_metaclass.so
>  in sage.misc.classcall_metaclass.ClasscallMetaclass.__call__
> (sage/misc/classcall_metaclass.c:991)()
>
> /home/kaibutsu/sage-5.5/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/misc/cachefunc.so
>  in sage.misc.cachefunc.WeakCachedFunction.__call__
> (sage/misc/cachefunc.c:5077)()
>
> /home/kaibutsu/sage-5.5/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/structure/unique_representation.pyc
>  in __classcall__(cls, *args, **options)
>     464             True
>     465         """
> --> 466         instance = typecall(cls, *args, **options)
>     467         assert isinstance( instance, cls )
>     468         if instance.__class__.__reduce__ ==
> UniqueRepresentation.__reduce__:
>

> /home/kaibutsu/sage-5.5/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/misc/classcall_metaclass.so
>  in sage.misc.classcall_metaclass.typecall
> (sage/misc/classcall_metaclass.c:1350)()
>
> /home/kaibutsu/sage-5.5/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/algebras/nil_coxeter_algebra.pyc
>  in __init__(self, W, base_ring, prefix)
>      63         self._base_ring = base_ring
>      64         self._cartan_type = W.cartan_type()
> ---> 65         IwahoriHeckeAlgebraT.__init__(self, W, 0, 0, base_ring,
> prefix=prefix)
>      66
>      67     def _repr_(self):
>
> TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 7 arguments (6 given)
>
> --

Anne Schilling              E-mail: a...@math.ucdavis.edu
Professor                   Web:    http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~anne
Department of Mathematics   Office: MSB 3222
University of California    Phone:  (530) 554 2326
One Shields Ave             Fax:    (530) 752 6635
Davis, CA 95616