Dear William and Sage-Git developers!

At the current conference we had some discussions regarding the
planned move to git in Sage. We have a couple of questions how you
envision the change (in particular in view of discussing the
workflow at Google that Jason Bandlow described to us).

(1) Will the move mean that sage developers will be able to pull
the latest "release" from the merge manager with git instead of
having to download the latest version of Sage each time and having to
recompile the code with make? This would be a huge win since in
particular this would mean for the Sage-combinat queue that we would
not have to maintain it for various versions of Sage any longer since
each developer can just pull and update to the latest version.

Not having this feature would be a huge hurdle for the Sage-combinat queue
since we do not know how to handle the fact that our users/developers may be
running different versions of Sage and hence would constantly rebase
their patches on top of their current version of sage.
It would also save a lot of time!

(2) Will you get rid of the trac server and integrate the
submission of patches into the git workflow? This could be in the
form of a git command that submits and then makes a website with
the diffs where the reviewer can add comments.

Harald, if you can address any of these questions in your talk
tomorrow, that would be great!

Anne