Nicolas,

While constructing an instance of a certain group G,
during its initialization I want to define a coercion morphism
from a certain subgroup H into G. The group H
does not currently know it is a subgroup of G.

The coercion should be achieved by a function with sole
input being an element of H. How do I tell the function about the
structure of G if I cannot pass this information as parameters?
(You previously told me that in Python the enclosing functions and their
attributes/methods are
not seen by the enclosed function.)

--Mark