Dear Sage-Combinat developers,

I am preparing a grant application around Sage and combinatorics for
the French national research funding agency (ANR). Roughly in the same
spirit as the NSF grant we got for the USA. This e-mail is thus mostly
relevant for developers in French laboratories (which includes CNRS
labs abroad like LaCIM; yes, Franco, I mean you in particular).

The selection process goes in two rounds. For the first one, one needs
to send a short (5 pages) application file before October 23rd. There
is already some preliminary stuff written at:

http://combinat.sagemath.org/misc/file/tip/grants/2013-10-14-ANR/descriptif.tex

There is very little experience in our community about getting funding
for software development, especially from the ANR; so it's all kind of
a bet. Also there is still some flux on what's the best strategy, in
particular about the right perimeter for the grant in terms of themes
and consortium.

Feedback is very welcome.

I have made a first round of contacts last week to get a feeling and
am now enlarging it. If you are potentially interested in
participating (and did not yet do so), please send me a short e-mail
in the following format:

Institution

\item First name Last name (position, section, percentage of potential
implication)
  Past contributions to Sage.
  Features you would like to contribute to the development of.
  Topics in your research that would get impacted.

See the end of the above latex file for a bunch of examples.

At the end of the day, I'll cut a consortium out of the answers I will
get, putting some people officially in, and others in the "network of
collaborators". That cutting will be rather arbitrary based on
feedback I'll get from higher authorities to optimize the odds of
acceptation. Nothing personal, nothing really scientific :-) Also the
cutting might evolve after the first round of selection (if we are
selected) depending on the feedback we will get from the referees.

Thanks in advance!