Dear Sage-Combinat developers

We have just learned that Alain Lascoux passed away last Saturday at
the age of 69. This is an immense loss for our community.

Among many other things, Alain was a continuous source of inspiration
when it came to creative computer exploration, and a funding
grand-father of Sage-Combinat. Indeed, even if he didn't write himself
a line of Python or MuPAD, he had piles of Maple code that he used
daily for his research, and was one of the strongest initiator and
supporter of the tradition of developing software for combinatorics in
Marne-la-Vallée (ACE, mu-EC, ...), which eventually gave birth to
Sage-Combinat.

We will deeply miss his knowledge, know-how, wit, kindness, and
friendship,

With great sadness,

best regards,
                                Florent and Nicolas