Hi Sam,

I don't use Sage Notebook, but both my own sage install and the cell
server show "True" as the result. I suspect this is the right answer.

There have been updates to symmetric functions in the recent history
of Sage, particularly #16560: http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/16560 .
If your Sage Notebook is older than 8 months, it might be a case of
#15397 as well: http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/15397

  Best regards,
  Darij