Hi everyone,

a reminder that you still have until 15th of September to submit a talk for
PyCon 2015 in Montreal. I read some of you are attending SciPyEurope or
EuroPython and that's great!

A talk proposal is much shorter than a conference paper, mine took only one
day to write. If you don't know what you could talk about, here are some
ideas:

- how do you use Python in your research?

- have you developed or are you using some framework or something
specifically for your code that could benefit the entire Pycon community
(categories, debugging, etc)?

- Are you using Sage to teach and could you share that experience?

- How do you teach to code to mathematicians?

- sharing you experience of a big open source project.

These are just some ideas. My own talk proposal is about Experimental
mathematics in combinatorics, so mostly answering the first question.

If you don't want to talk for 20 minutes, there are also some 5 minutes
talks.

About funding, it is possible to get funding from PyCon itself for
registration and / or travel costs. Anyway, you should first worry about
submitting a talk and worry about the funding later...

Also, we're in touch with the PyCon organization team to have Sage days
organized during the PyCon sprints, so there will be Sage people at PyCon
next year, so you should consider going!

Cheers,

Viviane