On Saturday, 22 November 2014 10:24:43 UTC+11, Nicolas M. Thiery wrote:

>         Hi Andrew,
> Hmm, I haven't taken the time to think with a pen and paper, but I
> don't guarantee that the what the super call do is as straightforward
> as it ought to, given that the instance of A being initialized will
> end up being in a subclass A_with_category, and similarly for the
> others.  Does it work if instead you call explicitly A.__init__ in
> B.__init__, and so on?

Hi Nicolas,

I fixed my problem so the code is working now. It is possible that there
are some issues with the super calls but as far as I can tell it is working
as I expect.

One question that I should ask you, however, is the following. I have a
suspicion that I should define a category for the Hecke algebra
representations, however, I don't know what the benefits are of doing this
or how to do it. Certainly the code seems to work without this (not that I
have added extensive tests yet or properly implemented the mathematics),
but if this is necessary, or desirable, I would like to understand what
this gives me over and above having a dedicated class for Hecke algebra
representations.

Andrew