Oh, thanks. That seems to be just what I need.

I should perhaps explain what I want to do:
In my master's thesis I work to automate parts of the analysis of numerical
methods through B-series. This fall I wrote some pure Python code to
perform some of the more basic calculations. I had some Maple scipts
wirtten by my supervisor to go by, and was also aware of some relevant
functionality in Nodepy (by David Ketcheson). I implemented unordered,
unlabeled rooted trees (based on multisets represented by a dictionary) and
B-series (as python functions on the trees). This I used to find the order
of an arbitrary B-series method, composition with hf(), the Lie derivative,
and the modified equation.

My interest in using Sage was aroused when I found myself making
half-hearted implementations of forests, linear combinations of trees, and
so forth (I don't have a strong background in algebra, and simply made
classes with the functionality I needed).

Since you have done stuff much more closely related to B-seires than I
originally thought, I can't help but wonder if you have also looked in to
the Hopf-algebra of Connes and Kreimer? Or if you already have plans to do
so?

Regards,
Henrik S. Sundklakk