Update:

- Up to trivial comments, the default latex output has not changed
  since Sage 6.7beta3 (at least). view fails similarly with that
  version.

- A slightly smaller example:

    sage: t = Partition([1])
    sage: G = DiGraph([[t,t]], loops=True)
    sage: latex(G)
    \begin{tikzpicture}
    \definecolor{cv0}{rgb}{0.0,0.0,0.0}
    \definecolor{cfv0}{rgb}{1.0,1.0,1.0}
    \definecolor{clv0}{rgb}{0.0,0.0,0.0}
    \definecolor{cv0v0}{rgb}{0.0,0.0,0.0}
    %
    \Vertex[style={minimum
size=1.0cm,draw=cv0,fill=cfv0,text=clv0,shape=circle},LabelOut=false,L=\hbox{${\def\lr#1{\multicolumn{1}{|@{\hspace{.6ex}}c@{\hspace{.6ex}}|}{\raisebox{-.3ex}{$#1$}}}
    \raisebox{-.6ex}{$\begin{array}[b]{*{1}c}\cline{1-1}
    \lr{\phantom{x}}\\\cline{1-1}
    \end{array}$}
    }$},x=2.5cm,y=2.5cm]{v0}
    %
    \Loop[dist=3.0cm,dir=NO,style={color=cv0v0,},](v0)
    %
    \end{tikzpicture}
    sage: view(G)
    **boom**

So I suspect that either that error went undetected for a long time,
or it comes from a change in tikz which makes the above code more
fragile.

Anyone a suggestion on how to tweak the above output to make it robust?