I am confused about the interface between SkewTableaux and Tableaux.
I suspect this is something people are aware of.

The points I have come across (and I doubt these are the only ones) are:

A SkewTableau can be created from a chain of partitions using the keyword
chain.
This does not work for Tableau. There is a work around:
given a chain of partitions which starts with the empty partition,
create the skew tableau using the chain keyword,
convert to a list,
use this to construct a tableau.

Evacuation and promotion are not defined for skew tableaux.
Is this because the definition does not make sense or because
no-one has yet included them?

Mathematically, a tableau is a skew tableau with empty inner shape.
Many (most?) methods make sense for skew tableaux.
Ideally, these methods would be defined for skew tableaux
and made available to straight tableaux. I don't know the
appropriate mechanism for doing this in sage but I expect
people have ideas or even plans on this.

...or this has been done already and I have missed it.