Hello!

TLDR: I want to integrate into sage a package for doing proofs by
discharging, on planar graphs, where to start/how to do it? (the package is
already programmed)
I am a PhD student, currently on the end of my PhD. At some point I made a
program in C++ to check the proof of the 4 colour theorem (every planar
graph can be coloured with four colours, such that any two connected
neighbours received different colours).

This was reimplementing the branch-and-bound method used in discharging
automated proofs. It includes the forbidden subgraph detection and the
application of the rules of discharging.

I would really like to include this program into Sage: it would be an asset
for my PhD, and it would enable researchers to easily test some discharging
scheme, and even prove a result (they would have to give some input, but
the engine I want to provide would do the rest, do the checking).

The program I made is in C++. However, I have tested to code a Python
interface, which works fine. It would also let the user give a Python
function (to give more customisability to the user), which would be run by
the C++ code, and that also seems to work.

Therefore, I wondered:
   * where to start? (I had a look on some resources a few months ago, but
could not figure out much)
   * possibly who to discuss this with?
   * how submitting a package works?
   * would my package fit the needs of Sage?

Thanks for help,
Alexandre

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-combinat-devel/2f236f0e-c061-4580-a2d6-d7eaf0aee949%40googlegroups.com.