Thank you to everyone that tested the Live CD.

> > I think it would be helpful if the README file contained
> > more details on the exact setup required to get this to work.
> > I tried burning the iso to a CD and rebooting. my suse 10.1 PC
> > but could not see how to get sage to start. Thee live CD seems to
> > dump you into a redhat root console (no graphics).
>
> The whole point is that it is not supposed to have any graphics.
>
> The idea is that it should dump you into a text console with the message
> in BIG LETTERS (not the case right now): "Connect your web browser
> to http://... to use SAGE."

I will do this.

> Then you use *another* computer to
> connect.  The idea is that a person in a classroom could just boot
> one computer like this, and everbody else in the room could use
> their windows machines to connect to it.   Another possibility is
> that one runs the live cd via vmware (under windows), then uses
> SAGE via a windows web browser.
>
> That said, when I tried it yesterday I had some problems:
>
> (1) The live cd is way too big -- this is because of the "big .so file"
> problem I mentioned before.  I've resolved that, for sage-1.4.1, to be
> released today.

Ok.

> (2) The VMware config that it comes with boots up vmware but uses
> the wrong type of networking interface (bridged), so it doesn't work
> if the user isn't online already via another connection.  That should
> be changed to use host only networking under vmware, I think.

Bridged is my favorite choice because it allows my vm to have an independent
ip address from the host. Host only networking can be tricky because
it setups a private network between the virtual machine and the host,
and it depends on the setup you provided when installing vmware. I
think the choice should be bridged or NAT. (I assume that a network is
present (dhcp)).

> (3) It seemed to serve SAGE on the wrong network port, so it didn't
> work.  And when it didn't work, the failure was silent.

I do not understand what you mean by serving in the wrong network
port. You dont get to connect to port 80 ?. I made the output of Sage
to go to /root/sage.log. I guess that the machine did not get a proper
ip address.

> But it's a good start.  Like David says, it would be nice if there were
> a readme or copy of the readme also in the virtual machine when it
> boots, which describes exactly where are all SAGE-relevant files are and
> what they do.

I will do this, probably will need some help for the readme file :-).

I will also wonder if anybody burned the Live CD (not in the virtual
machine) and if it worked properly

Thank you for the feedback,

Alfredo