William Stein wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:45:14 -0500, David Joyner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>> I will be more than glad to translate to Spanish, even when there is
>>> probably other Spanish speakers in this list.
>>>

>> If you have the energy to translate const.tex, a big document, feel free
>> to add/modify
>> examples and add your name as an author.
>>

> (1) I think translating tut.tex (the tutorial) should be higher priority.

Agreed. I am not the sole author of tut.tex though:-)

However, the main part of const.tex has a lower (English grammar)/(SAGE
code)
quotient than tut.tex, so might be easier to translate (at least by
leaving off the second
part).

> (2) I am very very reluctant to suggest translating any of the core
> documentation
> without a specific plan, since translations will quickly become misleading
> and out of date.  In a year or two this won't be nearly so much of a
> problem,
> since SAGE will be much more stable.
This is not such a plan but reminds me of the following question:
If we relicensed the documentation would it make translation easier?
Under the GNU Free Documentation License (see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#FDL)
(the document analog of the GPL, which I guess the SAGE docs fall under)
the entire article must be distributed. Would it be worth while easing that to
anyone
to cut and paste and translate any part of the SAGE docs into another
document and redistribute?