Pere Urbón Bayes wrote:
> I think I found the error and it's maybe a newbie error, jejejeje!!. The
> error was related with the header inclusion and a global variable
> mapping ... I was missing this.
>
> The next days or maybe tomorrow i will prove to include my lib in sage
> and i will send all of you a proposal to include this thinks into the
> sage distribution may be as an optional package.
>
> My lib include the kernel and leader calculus and a function to check if
> a code is completely regular. Are you interested with this contribution?

Hi Pere:

There is nothing on completely regular codes in SAGE or even in GUAVA,
so this would be great!

I downloaded your tarball and tried to read it. A few comments:

1. It needs lots more documentation, explanation, and examples.

2. If you define a (Python) Codeword class, please be careful. At the
moment,
all codewords are vectors in the ambient vector space. In other words, they
get inherited methods from FreeModule. This blurs the mathematical
distinction between codewords (elements of a code C) and vectors (elements
of the vector space F^n which C is contained in). However, it also makes
the
users life much simpler, so that it the way it is set up now. This isn't
"written in stone"
but if you create a new Python Codeword class, it either (a) might not
get used
since FreeModule seems to have all the methods needed or (b) would have
to be integrated into the existing stuff (in coding/linear_codes.py, etc).
Just something to think about.

Does your code compute coset leaders? If so, can it compute a syndrome
table faster
than GUAVA's SyndromeTable?

Thanks!