On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:08:05 -0500, Bill Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bill Hart wrote:
>
>> Ultimately most of the users of the system are not going to be python
>> programmers, I think, so I believe that this will turn out to be the
>> best choice.
>
> Of course, the other possibility, eventually, might be to allow one to
> switch modes in SAGE from the one you are moving towards, to a python
> type mode, where the old functionality is the one that is used. It
> really depends on how uncomfortable people are going to be with the new
> way of doing things. You sort of have that at present, but perhaps it
> is possible to have a session wide flag which sets all those flags you
> are putting in automatically to not inject variables for those who
> prefer them not to be.

David Harvey's already convinced me that trom the start I want any
.py code (library or user) to not do the injection.  The injecting will
be for the command line, notebook, and .sage files.

When I think of the long-term target audience for SAGE I envision
about 95% are mathematicians or students who may have never used
Python, and 5% are python programmers who need some math for their
programs.   This is based very much on watching actual people use
SAGE.

William