On 3/15/07, Pere Urbón-Bayes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> El dj 15 de 03 del 2007 a les 17:25 +0100, en/na Jaap Spies va escriure:
> > William Stein wrote:
> >
> > > FYI I just filled out the Google Summer of Code "Mentor Organization"
> > > application for SAGE, to see if Google will give us some support.
> > > So (1) nobody else do the same thing, and (2) no further discussion about
> > > GSoC is needed unless we get support (we'll find out in 5 days).
> > >

> > I did not find SAGE in the list, so ...
> >
> > Jaap
>
> That's a pity!!! I was interested to contribute to SAGE, and a SoC
> stipend was a really nice thing that could let me work more time on SAGE
> for three month.

I never received anything from Google saying that SAGE wasn't
selected.  It's possible that the application didn't go through.
They make it very difficult to tell, I had some weird problems
submitting it, and they say "this page is your only confirmation --
please do not contact us"...  Of course it's most likely they simply
decided not to support SAGE -- note that there is no mathematics
software anywhere on the list, and the same was true last year.

 -- William