On 3/19/07, Mike Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Did you look at LAGUNA or UnitLib?
>
> Yeah, I looked at LAGUNA, and it wasn't exactly what I was looking
> for.  I guess I'm more interested in the looking at the group algebras
> as K[G]-modules.

If I understand correctly, the following is a special case: given a
semisimple K[G],
you want to know the simple subalgebras occurring in its Wedderburn
decomposition.
This is the output of the GAP package Wedderga. Only finite fields and
subfields of
cyclotomic fields are supported. Alexander Konovalov is a co-author of that too.

Both LAGUNA and Wedderga are GPL'd. Moreover, I am in frequent contact with
AK and would be happy to pass along any questions for you, if you'd like.