I've found an inconsistency in Picewise doc string:

Currently Picewise? shows the following docstring

Docstring:

            list_of_pairs is a list of pairs (fcn,I), where fcn is
            a SAGE function (such as a polynomial over RR, or functions
            using the lambda notation), and I is an interval such as I =
(1,3).
            Two consecutive intervals must share a common endpoint.

            We assume that these definitions are consistent (ie, no checking
is
            done).

Howver, the examples show that the list of pairs should be
the other way round, ie. of the form (I,fcn)

This means that the the syntax

 f = Piecewise([[(0,1),f1],[(1,2),f2]])

is correct, whereas

g = Piecewise([[f1,(0,1)],[f2,(1,2)]])