hi all,

Last night I had a beer with Ivan Krstic (one of the OLPC developers),
and he showed me one of their little laptop gizmo thingys. I have to
say I was, on the whole, quite impressed. It has a gorgeous (small)
display. It's pretty slow and the keyboard is fiddly. But I ran the
SAGE notebook off sage.math, using their browser (which is basically
the firefox kernel with a slimmed down UI), and it worked beautifully.
I could compute 2+3, I could do tab-completion, graph functions, etc.
All looked great. It really made we wonder whether the notebook would
be a good platform for doing educational mathematics on these machines,
assuming they could make available servers with enough grunt to run
SAGE itself.

david