On Jun 6, 2007, at 10:38 AM, William Stein wrote:

> On 6/5/07, Nick Alexander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> sage -upgrade seems to be blowing away my committed hg patches that
>> have not been pushed to William yet.
>
> That doesn't make any sense.  I haven't changed anything in the
> spkg-install for
> the sage package that would cause that behavior.   Look at the script
>     devel/sage/spkg-install
> which is run when SAGE upgraded your library.  It checks to see
> if the devel/sage-main directory exists, and if so does a pull,
> merge, ci, and update in that directory, then builds everything and
> exits.   I know for a fact it works this way, since when I upgrade
> machines
> where I've made conflicting changes, I have to resolve them or
> "sage -br" fails.
>
>> To the best of my memory, that did not happen in the past; has this
>> changed?
>
> No.

If you have patches installed, or just have changed source, doesn't
the upgrade process ask you whether to keep/toss local changes that
don't agree with the repository from which you are pulling?  I'm not
sure that has a bearing, but it might explain things, if you had a
couple of CRs pending...

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large