Hi, all,

A question of style and "SAGE etiquette": the Matrix class (from
sage.matrix.matrix0) declares a cdef'd function get_unsafe().  It's
not declared public, and it's not clear from a quick scan of the
programming guide how that affects its visibility.

So:
  - what code can call such a 'method'?
  - is it "ok" to add "public" to its declarations?

I imagine we don't want code littered with get_unsaf()'s, so is there
consensus on where it's reasonable to use it?

Thanks.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large