On 7/11/07, Brian Granger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I now have someone here at my company that is going to help maintain
> spkgs.  We have a number of spkgs that i) SAGE currently doesn't have
> and ii) SAGE does have but we have updated or added bug fixes.  A
> while back there was agreement on a new standard format for what the
> structure of an spkg is.  didier converted the existing SAGE spkgs to
> this new format and created .hg directories for each and posted them
> here:
>
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/dfdeshom/custom/spkg/
>
> First question: are these spkgs being maintained as the most
> up-to-date versions?  If not, where can we find the current spkgs that
> have the .hg directories.

I have now released sage-2.7.1.  it should now be the case
that all spkg's in that release contain .hg directories, are the
format that you and Didier designed, and they are the most
up-to-date versions.   Two packages can be safely merged by
extracting one and pull from the other; the src directory might
also have to updated if the version number changes.

Note that we now have the latest scipy, and not-so-recent
numpy, in SAGE proper.  Also, SAGE-2.7.1 by default includes
 a Fortran compiler (g95), and some modifications to numpy's
distutils/gnu.py to support our compiler setup.

Just to emphasize -- I'm very keen on having very strong support
for numerical computation in the SAGE, rather than having two
separate version based on SAGE.    I also definitely want to switch
to a framework build of Python soon, so we can have good OS X
native gui support for matplotlib -- thanks for the great work you
already put into this.

William

William

 -- William