> I just tried compiling quad double with the -ffloat-store and with the
> fpu fix turned off, and it seems to be working. (The tests are still
> running, but a bunch have passed already.)

What I didn't realize when I wrote this email is that the tests should
only take a few seconds to run. Turning off the fpu fix and turning on
the -ffloat-store option causes one of the tests to run forever, or at
least for more than a few minutes (instead of < 1 second).

So -ffloat-store doesn't work. So on cpus without sse2, the quaddouble
wrapper needs to use the fpu fix, but probably should be rewritten so
that it doesn't affect other things.