Regarding using trac / developing for SAGE:
> Are the guidelines available? Or should I reread the twisted document?

At a minimum you should read the twisted page, though what we
do is different... since we're not a company like them.  It would
be excellent if we were to write up a similar set of guidelines
based on theirs.

> One thing: I saw in the contributors list,
> Me: a few random things...
>
> Maybe the other things I've done are more interesting: ...
>
> Maybe you could add; various other functions to the description?

Sure.  I should probably move that page to the wiki so people
can update it themselves.

   What do people think about moving the contributors page to
   a wiki?
   Pro: It's easier to update and more complete
   Con: It doesn't hold as much weight to be listed, since just anybody
   can list themselves.

Thoughts?

> Another thing is that I would like to have ... . Is Trac also the medium to
> place
> feature requests, or should we have something like the PEP's of Python?

Read the twisted page  ;-).  If you're going to work on something,
it's optimal if you create a trac enhancement ticket describing it,
post to sage-devel mentioning it, and then start working on it, and
sometimes post notes about progress to trac and even bundles.

> Or should I just start programming?

Of course you can always do that :-)

--
William Stein