Ifti,

By the way, you should be use dsage for the sort of calculation that you're
doing.  I highly recommend you learn it and switch to using it.  Not only
will it make it so you can trivially make the calculation run on lots
of machines
(by attaching workers dynamically), but it also will remove these memory
leak issues, since it starts a fresh process for each level.

By the way, using dsage with the screen command is *vastly* more friendly
than not doing so.   Anybody serious about using dsage should first spend
at least 2-3 hours to learn screen.

I think dsage is still missing some key features if you need to attach blocks
of new code to a calculation easily.  I'm working on getting this added right
now.

William

--
William Stein